For “Design for Web Content” I had to create a website for an hypothetical Small Business and I decided to go for a Vintage fashion Shop based in Dover and focused on 80s style.
Here the link of the first version of the website made just by using HTML and CSS and exclusively for the desktop version: Small Business Website (first version).
Below the list of what I did/improved from the first to the second version:
– Title (60 characters max)
– Meta descritpion (300 characters max)
– Use Geographic position in the keywords
3. Use headings (h1, h2, h3)
4. Keywords = <strong>
5. add quality and pertinent content
6. Sitemap.xml (Google Webmaster tool)
8. Page 404
9. Responsive Web Design
10. css minimise by using combinators and advanced selectors.
11. Microformats for the adress
12. Images sizes (optimize the seze)
13. Optimize dimensions of JS – css – html
14. do a Backup
15. add Print Style sheet (optional)
16. Validate HTML and CSS
17. Cross-Browser Check
18. Check broken links
19. Proofread = read all the content
20. Functionality Check
22. Google analytics and Google Search Console